Saturday, 13 July 2013

Wanting to be Mr/Ms Anonymous on the road???


Life is a very active and busy thing. The female human species always spend countless hours in front of their home mirrors or those small square or round shaped ones tacked away in their bags just in case wind does the unthinkable to their new hair style. And of course, it cannot be told of you, as a gentleman, that you have a weak taste in clothing or at least looking good.

Before becoming so aware of the fact that I have a few music videos playing on national television, my life was easier. (Look at me giving you access to my mind.) Anyway, read on. Before all the so-called becoming the recording artiste thing, I loved to take a walk along the busy Kampala streets especially because, I do not like to sit in a taxi for long. And I never cared what anyone would think of how I was dressed.

If you did not already know, let me tell you that, you can no longer walk around claiming to be anonymous. Someone who knew you from the kindergarten or from your game of ‘Maama ne taata’ will find you out. This is the revelation I want to share with you. Are you ready for it? Wait, it is no revelation. It is too obvious. There are some clothes you cannot be caught dead or alive wearing in public. Sorry, I am going off topic.

I am in a vehicle going somewhere with my cousin. I see a friend. I cannot resist the temptation of calling them and telling them, “I have seen you.” So I pick my not so cool phone and dial the number. They answer and we go on talking about how, “It’s been long since I saw you.” And at that instant, I tell them that, I had had a dream that they were wearing yellow jeans, a white top, and red handbag.

“What? Tell me you are kidding me?” To which I reply with hysterical laughter and that I was indeed telling a fib but had seen them on the streets. Almost everyone I get to play this and other jokes on usually ask the question, “How was I dressed? Was that smart?” that is if I called them later.

I see that we all want to know the importance of appearances. Let me say in Luganda, “Yambala Bulungi.” Literal meaning be smartly dressed when you walk out of the door. You may miss your future Mukyala (wife) because of that. But no. She has to love you the way you are. No. It cannot be that the way you are is wearing a crumpled shirt or a poorly matched attire.
Ahhhhhhhhh…..what I’m I saying.

Good day happy people.

No comments:

Post a Comment